Future Earth: German National committee launched
The German Committee Future Earth, replacing the German National Committee on Global Change Research, will act as an advisory board to the German Research Foundation (DFG) for strategic international issues related to and as national partner on questions regarding international developments and activities within the framework of Future Earth.
The Committee, appointed by the German Research Foundation (DFG) for 2013-2016, is composed of experts from the natural and social sciences with inter- and transdisciplinary research background and who represent universities and non-university research institutions:
- Prof. Dr. Martin Visbeck, GEOMAR, Kiel (Chair)
- Prof. Dr. Armin Grunwald, KIT-ITAS, Karlsruhe
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Lucht, PIK, Potsdam
- Prof. Dr. Karen Pittel, Ifo Institute, Munich
- Prof. Dr. Christiane Schmullius, Friedrich-Schiller-University, Jena
- Prof. Dr. Volkmar Wolters, Justus Liebig University, Giessen
During the first mandate period the committee aims to further develop Future Earth with the scientific community in Germany and to identify potential funding sources. It will support German researchers in identifying research topics relevant to society by co-designing research in dialogue with society and research funders.
For more information: German Committee Future Earth website